Espalum, a reshaped world.
Unlike gaining levels in PHB with only monster xp and Quests, for the Espalum Campaign i want to expand this into the roleplaying part. You can gain extra experience by roleplaying, do cool stuff, like stunts in combat or finding ways alone or together to advance in the story.
Minimum Level The campaign will start at 2nd level. I want to maintain a party of equal level, that makes it easier for me to create encounters. For this reason, your characters will gain a level when the gap between your character and the highest lvl character becomes more then one level.Gaining levels through Roleplay
- Acting towards your strengths your own .
- Conquer your characters own weaknesses.
- Working towards your own goals. I will ask you personal goals, some minor some big. They will come back in the campaign, as much as i can.
- Keeping your own journal, on this site, only once per session
- Making a good plan with your party to tackle a problem
- 100% of normal experience during normal combat. If you miss a session you gain 25% of the experience earned.
- Making enemies surrender or flee. The experience does not change (much)
- Capturing enemies.
- Killing enemies.
- Role playing in combat earns extra experience, this means describing your own actions/powers. Doing this during combat, especially daily’s and encounter powers. It can earn you up to 10% more experience. For example:
- My character casts magic missile towards the big buy. Instead you can act it out in character, I cast two bolts of force energy fly towards Kor-Kor (the BBEG).
- Completing objectives and finish Major Quests Like taking out a BBEG.
- Completing Minor Quests (like Fetch-X quests from MMO’s) only just a little more fun.
- You don’t have to receive quests from NPC’s to earn experience/rewards. If you do something for the NPC. Most will reward you for it.